July is marked Disability Pride Month which celebrates and honored the diversity between the people with disabilities.
Each Color of the flag represents a group:
The Black Field
This field represents the disabled people who have lost their lives due not only to their illness, but also to negligence, suicide and eugenics.
Each color on this flag represents a different aspect of disability or impairment.
- Red: physical disabilities
- Yellow: cognitive and intellectual disabilities
- White: invisible and undiagnosed disabilities
- Blue: mental illness
- Green: sensory perception disabilities
For more information, click one of the following links:
- July is Disability Pride Month SBU News
- American Bar Association, Celebrating Disability Pride Month